American Blueberry Pancakes
(serves 5 – should make 10-12 pancakes)
175g self raising flour
110g caster sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
unsalted butter, for frying
1 fresh Lemon
! fresh orange
1 fresh Vanilla Rod
150/200g of blueberries
For the Decoration:
8 slices streaky bacon, cooked until crisp
55ml oz maple syrup
How to cook:
1. To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a bowl with the baking powder and caster sugar.
Add the eggs and milk, whisk together but be careful not to over mix it.
2. Mix in vanilla and a half squeezed lemon, and the vanilla rod, this is to give it that
all important taste in the batter, Crate the un waxed lemon, and orange, add the peel
and pour in three table spoons of maple syrup to taste.
To be sure it taste good, cook a tiny spoonful and add ingredients to taste,
this is always a good trick before making all the pancakes, dull and bland.
3. Heat a pan with a few teaspoons of caster sugar, and gently heat the blueberries
until they turn dark blue and start making a little juice.
4. put three blueberries and some of their juice in the cup before your pour in the dough,
about half a cup should do it.
7. If you want them blend some of the blueberries and make a swirl on the pancake while
it is baking for the look and taste of blueberries.
5. Heat a little butter in a non-stick pan and then add 2 tbsp of batter for each pancake.
Make a Swirl of mixture in the pan, until it is evenly spread.
6. Serve topped with the crisp bacon and maple syrup.
Alternatively create a blueberry sorbet and vanilla ice cream and pour on top of the pancakes.