Ingredients for two to three persons:
250g of Minced Veal
250g of Minced Pork
1 Fresh Onion, finely chopped.
1 Fresh Freerange Egg.
Salt and Pepper.
Lurpak Butter, it is really not important what brand it is, as long as it is real butter, but Lurpak is Danish though.
1. First you mix the egg with the salt and pepper to taste. Always remember to add salt and pepper to raw meat to give it taste. Then you mix in the finely chopped onion and finally you add the Pork and Veal Mince, the reason why I use both pork and veal is because otherwise using only veal would make the meat balls hard as a rock once fried, only pork would make some strange grey balls that mainly tasted of pork.
2. The mix should become a smooth mix of paste if not add a tiny bit of flour, to firm the dough.
3. You make small balls of the paste, app half a handfull, or 3×3 cms if you can’t understand the measurements then rest assured that I can’t either understand the english measurements. you should roll the balls so they are perfectly shaped.
4. Warm up some butter on a frying pan, and when the butter gets golden brown, then you gently add the balls and fry them, till they are golden brown and crisp on the outside.
5. If you are making a large portion then put them in a baking tray and cover with tin foil. before serving with the potato salad which preferredly should have been made the day before.
God Appetit = Bon Appetit.